Houston, Texas powder coated
Are you thinking about getting your wheels powder coated? Then here’s the step-by-step process that we use to powder coat your wheels!
At Wayside Customz, we offer various custom wheel solutions, including powder coating. We often get asked what’s involved in the powder coating process, so to help explain it a little better, we have written it out in a step-by-step process.
Powder Coating Step 1
- The tires are removed along with any weights and valves.
- The wheels are then hot pressure washed to remove any dirt and grime that’s built up.
- We place the wheels into a chemical stripping tank that removes any clear coat or old paint.
- The wheels are then hot, pressure washed and rinsed completely clean.
Powder Coating Step 2
- We lightly blast the wheels to remove any blemishes or corrosion.
- Wheels are then thoroughly inspected for any damage to the lips and rims, including dents, scratches, and cracks.
- Any imperfections are filled in with a TIG welder and then machined smoothly with final touches done by hand.
Powder Coating Step 3
- The wheels are pre-heated to 400 degrees for 20-minutes before a powder coat primer is applied.
- Wheels are then cooled to 150 degrees before having a custom color spray pained and then placed into the oven for 40 minutes to cure.
- The final clear coat is applied, and then the wheels are placed into the oven for a final cure.
Premium Tires and Rims in Houston, TX!
When it comes to wheel repairs, custom rims, and high-quality tires, then no one does it better than our experienced team at Wayside Customz! When you want the best wheels, tires, and rims in Houston, TX, then don’t hesitate to contact our friendly and professional team today!